Who would ever think being almost at the end of a journey would leave you in Wisconsin... Can't be right.
So, today I had to axe off a destination. The delays from weather along with loosing time due to those annoying time zones left me short of doing every part of the trip. I had wanted to go to Voyageurs NP, do a quick fly by of it. It's near International Falls, which is near nothing, except Canada, not sure even Canada considers that part of Canada anything. It's not French Canada, or British Canada, or Toronto Canada, or dog breed Canada. I wouldn't make it to greater detroit by friday night/sat morning if I went there, plus the weather forecast looked not so great. So I'm straightening things to get to Mackinaw quicker.
Day started wet, but at least it wasn't snow/ice like it sounded like it could have been. Last night watching the weather channel they had a scroll below the bad weather forecast, is kept saying "EXTREME PITA" I figured they were being very straight forward on the weather, but in the end it was an advert for Pita the food, not the Acronym (Pain In The @ss). I think they should probably review that, as it was mixed in to well, and worked too well. Anyway, it dried out pretty well, occasional sprinkles, but not bad, and got to about 40 for the temp, so it was nice enough. MN and WI are doing a good job on the fall thing, and without the snow or slop, it's rather pretty here.
Drove through some nice bit of Wisconsin. Looks a lot like where I grew up, if all the cows jumped up and down on the ground a lot and flattened the mountains of PA down to mounds seen in here, and added freeways, but cows can't build freeways as they don't have opposable thumbs required to turn the ignition key on earth moving equipment.
Ended up in Wausau for the night. Should be in or close to Detroit tomorrow night. Coming in from the north gives me a chance to check out a good chunk of my new state. Based on here far as fall, I think it will be a nice time of year to go down through. Also get to go a across a really big bridge with open grating decking Yikes! I'm sure it will be fine, it's made out of steel and nothing bad ever happens to steel in the rust belt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment