North Dakota Sucks.
Ok, may be harsh, but this has not been a good state. I must have got way to lucky on the weather before North Dakota, so now it's coming after me. Ever since I got in I-94 in Billings, MT things have been bad.
I had strong winds, then freezing rain last night. Today start ok, cold, but ok. Soon some drizzle started, then heavy rain. After leaving Bismarck things turned to snow. Which got worse and worse. Eventually I was cruising across ND on a snow/slush covered road at 40mph. Single lane of cars, slipping around. But of course it had to have the "I'm superman" types who decide they can blaze through in the other lane. Of course they just cause more chaos. And they cause other people to try the same. On the plus side, one who passed me early in the day going way to fast for the conditions I found later with the front of the car beat up in the ditch. Still, trying to get across the state and having tractor trailers decide to pass on a slick snow covered road is fun. I love watching the 2 trucks nearly slam sides together a few times right in front of me, that can only turn out well. Still, got to Fargo in one piece. Wanted to go farther, but with the weather, this was good for the day. So hasn't been a pleasant state, less "oh look at the Bison" and more "Am I going to end up in a wood chipper".
Need to check weather if I will shift plans for tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment